In any business, having multiple business processes of a similar type is normal. For example, you can have separate business processes for ;
- Sale of laptops
- Sale of software development
- Sale of mobile app developments
- Sale of iOS app development
It is often not possible and logical to club all opportunities in one opportunity type (Or case type). Many CRMs fall short on this. They offer only one opportunity type(Or service case type, deal type, case type) for this.
Solastis identifies this needs and provides a feature to create different case types. Ability to create separate case types to represent different business processes is fundamental to any better CRM / Case Management platform.
In most of the CRMs, the case (or ticket, opportunity, deal, a request by whatever name it is called) is considered as a single piece of work. But in reality, it is rarely so. The case can be further subdivided into various sequential steps.
For example, a sales process may be divided into 6 logical steps as follows ;
- Gather initial information
- Submit proposal
- Call /Meeting with client
- Further adjustment discount
- The final conclusion of the case
A better CRM should offer a feature to create a step template and attach it to each case type, which Solastis Provides. Then every case created under that case type has to follow the sequent of steps defined.
For example, a case created with specific task template will appear as shown in the diagram.
This approach has the following benefits.
- It brings consistency and a repeatable structure to how you manage your business processes, as all the cases pass through the predefined steps.
- You know exactly at which stage a case is stuck.
- Deploying new processes becomes easy. As you can easily add new steps and employees will understand it with limited training and knowledge transition.
Solastis CRM is not restricted only to sales and support cases. Since you can create any number of case types and for each case type, you can have step template, it becomes a powerful case management platform. Any process that needs systematic steps execution, Recording of details/communication, keeping it as a proof of something was done, and recording conclusion can be implemented in Solastis CRM. Some example of such processes are;
- AR Collection process
- HR Internal process
- Employee onboarding process
- Month end closing process
- Incidence investigation process
- Fraud investigation
This makes a Better CRM + BPM platform for businesses.